Monday, November 21, 2016

Creativity changes everything



There is no better way to chillax, chill out, escape than being creative.  For me, it is a way to forget about life's challenges and do something creative:  writing, painting, drawing.  Rarely is it intended for anyone else, yet I do write on a blog and share some of my own creations.

Sometimes I will write in a journal about things that are really bothering me or rehash events that didn't go according to plan.  

There is a difference to me between writing here and in my journal.  I blog to help others.  I think that perhaps if someone can relate to what I am sharing, I am helping them in some small way.  I don't think of writing online as a means of letting the world get on a bandwagon or cause.  

I'm not selling anything either.  For someone who has spent the better part of my career in sales, that is quite the step from the norm.  

Of course, there is a dream that someone will like what I write and ask to pay for a spot on my blog.  It is more likely going to happen on my optioneerJM where the advice peddled could be valued by businesses.

I've been fiddling and farting around with a website.  I've purchased a couple of domains for a year and set out to create something.  Then the anxiety and frustration sets in when the creating is a lot more work and doesn't flow the way I want to see it.  So I resort back to my friend, my blog.

A blog is a great way to experiment with messaging:  what do you want to write about.  Yet it goes a bit beyond that.  If you want it to have a high readership and eventually generate income, you have to pay attention to what people are reading.  It can be pleasantly surprising when you step outside your comfort zone and gravitate to a passion or interest.  It is rewarding when you discover that others share a similar interest.

When I started meanderingsABOUT it was because fashion, beauty and creating the right looks that are in sync with being someone older than the normal fashionista bloggers seemed to be more unusual.  While most fashion designers and boutiques are geared towards 20-somethings in size 2 they are not for 50-somethings in a size 12.

I've toyed with becoming an image creator for others wanting to go beyond the mundane, frumpy creations that department stores seem to think that anyone over 30 would like.  They get it wrong for the young-at-heart who not only take care of their bodies, but have an edge that can be explored with creating fashion looks that are not trying to disguise one's age or embarrassingly trying to look 25 years younger.

I believe that it is possible to blend the two:  embrace age with a savvy fashion sense.

I will continue to explore this avenue.  For the time being, I will continue to write with hopes that there are folks that can relate to what I am:  a fashionista fighting her 50s.




No comments:

Post a Comment