Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 HEADLINE of my year: mental health MATTERS

My family would say that it usually comes from people behind me.


I posted the following on Facebook as is my latest habit.  If you want a peak glimpse of my journey when I log online:

  1. Check email
  2. Click on a link from SUBSCRIPTIONS 
  3. Share that article on FACEBOOK
  4. Make a comment, or more these days blog about the article on my social media channels, mostly Twitter and Facebook because all the other sites make it annoying and a hassle to do much.  Other than Google in a major way:  the best stuff I curate on G+
  5. Copy and paste that post, especially if I've yawned on and on to any one of my blogs, where I think it fits the theme [ from ATTITUDE to GRATITUDE to PLATITUDES ] is the common thread.


My headline of the year was Mental Health and my purpose for 2018 will be to supply Mental Health education and awareness as best as I know possible: by leveraging my social media handle OptioneerJM​ to bring understanding to those that need enlightenment mostly, with help resources shares for those who think they may need help.

Call it a New Year's Resolution if you must.  For me it is a direction on a path I began about a year ago.  Some of the big disappointments from 2017 will be exorcised on my blogs (on meanderingsABOUT.blogspot.com or YUPPYdom.wordpress and POSTINGSfromtheEDGE.blogspot ) with the intention of bringing greater awareness to Mental Health and, in particular, the work place.

The story will be told in the not too distant future.  What lead me to this place.  What lead me to this start on this cause? To be shared, honestly and personally, my own rude awakening this past year, 2017, by golly:  at 56 years of young, I am just coming to terms with being bullied.

Bullying is a horrendous affliction.  I wrote about it and did a presentation/speech in Toastmasters International in Calgary at the Calgary Chamber of Commerce [ where our Pioneer Nooners tribe gathered, formed deep-rooted friendships in a distinguished circle of high achievers, dreamers, innovators and quality crew of misfits (nod to Steve Jobs) who wanted only to be better.  Not to settle for the status quo but to leap into the abyss of the black hole of fear.  We were all horrified at the thought of speaking in front of a group.  Many of us knew that in our careers (one architect of the firm that designed the now-beleaguered Calgary Saddledome went on to be our The Calgary Chamber of Commerce​ president the year after he joined.

An interesting behavior I was able to observe fairly closely, provide constructive criticism on his speeches within the same luncheon boardroom.  How lucky was I to be able to be surrounding by sucy magnificent people!!  All I had to do was join Toastmasters.  

Soooooooo, this list of the words of the year would be an awesome Table Topic at your next Toastmasters Meeting in Calgary, or anywhere else in the world for that matter!  

Here is the Table Topic:  for 2 minutes, tell us your WORD of the YEAR + why you chose it.  Avoid any ums, ahs, sooooooo's, you know.  Don't go over 2 minutes OR ELSE you will have a penalty (eliminated from winning by vote-using the various numbers and tools available on the web).  If you want to do a video ~ just reply and attach it; share it if you participate, or like, or on your first 2018 to do.  

Regardless of who you are, how you know me, what you do, your age, occupation or education:  say or video what your word of the day and why!

LINK to optioneerJM on Facebook (feel free to share with me on Twitter, InstaGram, Pinterest, G+ etc.)



There my journey comes to a halt or a pause.  I'll ask hubby if he's done gaming with the kids and can we please watch a movie ...... if he ignores me per usual, it is a complete halt, as I go on the offensive of getting my way.

Hubby and I with our latest toy: 1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero (nostalgia or what?)



Happy New Year's Eve 2017
Thank you for reading my blog.
Let's make 2018 an even better year!
xo Jeannette


No comments:

Post a Comment