Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Thank you Mr. Paul Brandt ... a REAL human STAR



Please have a listen to this song [ you don't hafta Mr. Brandt since you may recognize it ~ HaHahaha ] "Calm before the storm" break out song for Paul.  [ I hope you don't mind me being informal since when you hear this story, you will understand why.  Unfortunately,  the link on YouTube is "out of order".  You can find it on iTunes and likely Spotify etc.  Instead I share two versions of the same song:





This makes me think of my sister, Diana .... i still haven't figured out why she's blocked?  Perhaps I'll skoot over to my other personal Facebook and share it there.  Never waste a moment when you are thinking about someone pass you bye.  Pick up that phone or send that text or write that email or share a song or beautiful something that reminds you of them.  Maximize your opportunity to reach out to someone who reaches back towards you.  Help others not because you have to, but because you want to.  Don't feel guilty if it took you a while.  A while can be minutes that can jump into hours, skip over days and hop over months and become blurred by years.  Have a listen to this song and think about who you should reach out to just to say "Hello" to.  It doesn't matter that it is in English because the melody and rich vocals of Elvis at his prime are astonishingly crystal and pure talent.  Or, think about what your talent may be or if you have an interest.  Ask yourself:  "what is holding you back".  < WITHOUT any excuses like time, energy, desire, dedication, forgetfulness, busy, swamped.  I called my daughter today simply because I started to think what I would have for lunch, since I didn't sleep in half the day away, such is a bad habit that I try to avoid.  Thinking, why wake up early to go to work and then sleep most of the day away on MY TIME.  Doesn't make sense.  Thank you for sharing my mumbling.  xo Jeannette Marshall​

Listening to my "LOVELY" playlist from iTunes via bluetoothe is causing me to be very reflective and inquisitive.

What a great song "I hope you find it" by Cher.  Makes me wonder where she is these days.  Horror, if she passed on, and I missed it.  Nah, I doubt it.  Who can forget when Michael Jackson or Princess Diana passed on?  I'm thinking you'd have to be a young adult of the 80s to even remember.  Over-shadowed by 9-11 which is horrific as well.   


Cher
is alive and well.  According to BILLBOARD as recent as February 2017, she just added 18 more shows in Las Vegas.  I saved the link with the following comment on Facebook:


Can you have a look at my new website www.graFX.online  and tell me what you think? I have worked alongside others for many years, yet find it difficult when it's my own.


Products of our childhood and
upbringing where the day was not complete unless you took the time to watch the news.  I think the Canadian broadcaster of news are really digging deap into their roots to establish firmly a reputation of integrity and journalism.  No monetarily donations unless transparently shared in, say an ad.

What about policing online currency?
Now there's a can of worms eh?  Some organization somewhere [ which i tweeted about within the last few days under @optioneerJM on Twitter or a facebook page of the same name.

Now there's some policing prioritization that needs to be sorted out quickly.  Which is more important:

  • Having any celebrity or brand ambassador being required 2 show paid 4 promo emblem or #hashtag [is this for the IRS and CRA to track unclaimed taxable revenue they can snag and force you to pay interest on? ]
~ OR ~
  • The horrific exhibits that have surfaced on Facebook these past weeks.   I tend to go for the underdogs in this world.  Every once in a while for the unfairly treated more.  It is never fair if you work your way up, or raise your company up, or increase your personal brand to the top only to fall vulnerable and object of catastrophic events make its violent horrendous acts catch you off guard?  It ain't totally fair.  Somebody has some algorithm somewhere that can pick up "chatter" of the millions online at any given time, quickly escalating into the billions as Smartphones allow us to spend our time more and more online.  Need a reference?  

I tend to use my PC's GOOGLE set as my default home page.  That is because most times I am hopping on to look something up that I learned from watching a historically-basic epic television series [ which I may add seem to have a medieval fascination with the English Royal Family.  That seems to be what is hip these days.

Microsoft really is starting to annoy me.  They keep interrupting my logged on experience, whether connected to the web or not, parading things in front of me and freezing something I'm doing.

Real technologists, and I'm not saying Computer Scientists like WIKIleaks founder, Assange [ name? spelling? ] ... real users are more techie than they may realize just by how savvy they are on figuring things out, or smart enough to navigate unchartered imagineering.

You can become an imagineer too.  Just come on visit my website that I'm creating based on input and guidance by my supporters and advocates.


www.graFX.online

The vision is to create a central gathering hub for anyone in the graphics, graphic arts, artists, photographers, printers, equipment hardware, cool design, awesome tips, exceptional contributors.

The vision was the first thing I had to nail down.  I cannot write a Business Plan without creating a compelling vision statement that resonates with me personally.  Not caring on whether anyone else sees a connection or simply ignores it altogether.  That is not my issue.

My issue is not coming up with a concept either.  I've done that before.  As a finger on the pulse on what the world is grasping for without realizing it.

Martin may or may not remember the clear vision on what the magazine was going to communicate:  taking care of the body, the mind and the soul, as you travel.  Interesting of a near 50/50 split between genres by female or male evenly.  Mostly, in upper to middle income bracket:  greater than $75,000 single person, no dependents [ with no self-destructive bad habits like drug abuse or alcohol preoccupation ].  Likely intelligent, regardless of education level, yet still skillful.

The competition was geared towards their 3rd Party numbers of 60% male audience to 40% female, so you got it:  disgustingly far too many male toiletries like Old Spice, cologne, manliness something, fast cars, smart investment.  No self-help mavericks in this group, they're self-made in their own minds.

Sound like someone you know?  Don't be frightened if you saw a little glimmer of a reflection spark your eye.  You've come to the right place.  You're smart, you're articulate, gregarious, kind, thoughtful, not prone to female-competitiveness cattiness.  { Sorry girls we wrote the book on this and only have ourselves to blame *meow* }.

I have had two days off and spent a great deal of effort of focus on my surroundings.  I discovered that when you are cleaning, dusting, moving things around to add some vibe to your abode with a freshness, spring flowers like tulips or irises on multiple surfaces in your house.  This cheers you on to put some great music to get into the zone and relaxed into the present.  Be brave, go to YouTube and find one of your favorite songs.  See what unfolds for you by YouTube based on their read on your taste or likelihood to click.

We should establish LTC currency online before we hand out compensation to anyone who hangs a shingle or hides behind 20 year old, dated, made up and smoothed over before professional photographed. 

Wouldn't that even the masses?  Whoever can create that concept, will catch a rising star, or just become it.  A level playing field data analysis where the only compensation received is from membership.

That's what I was starting to say in an earlier blog over at optioneerJM where I gave my 20 year-old-self.  Apparently, I am still dwelling on it because it does force oneself to really examine one's self and know what you want.  

It would have been easier to jump in front of myself 12 years ago and warded me off from going to work where I did.  There was nothing corrupt or awful about it, so relax.  I'm not important enough or relevant enough to reveal that thank goodness.

I would say a few more things:

Enjoy your exercise .... 
dance if you feel like dancing, not checking whether the windows are closed or the blinds up, just do it because you feel like it.  If it is diving into a pool to swim to the finish line, mostly competing with your own score, picture the victorious look on your face, slightly with amazement and otherwise with abandonment of savoring the moment.  If it is on a field, on water or on ice ... do what you remember about why you started to love it like you do.  If you're fiercely competitive then do it with team spirit not individual accomplishment.  Don't be hasty with expectations on rewards or awards because to do that you are no longer savoring the moment, but hungrily or greedily climbing over top of others.

Be grateful
and mind your Ps and Qs .... to the Millennials who were taught it, if not to mind it, it amounts to manners.  If you smile and say thank you as many times a day as reasonably possible [i.e. don't thank the person butting and elbowing ahead of you for credit as to why the light changed color to green ].  I recall, although may have set up a journal, forgot the log on, and gave it a pass as I went on to other things.  Thinking about it now, very likely getting remarried and blending four children, three of girls who had hit their teens >> i.e. being a little crazy ... eh? You think?

To the reason I started this blog
writing on and off throughout the day and into the early evening.  As is with our custom, the hunkster hubster goes and puts his headphones on to his music [ I'm a little country, he's a lot into rock and roll ... classics ].   He then plays that game that I've never got hooked on, or avoided so that I would be assured to miss with a little discipline::.... CANDY CRUSH.  

LOL, giggle a little with me.  
Get away if you're going to smirk.  We don't need your bad karma in here [ now I sound schizophrenic and perhaps ADD not so bad a curse as I thought once possible, lately a lot more ].  

I zipped over to this blog and rattled off, finishing with some of the catches and captures of fishing on the web.  Often tweeted or pinned or posted or shared somewhere.  I tried that a couple of times ::.... doing screen captures on cool things that I discover.  More likely now I just click on the share and go through the choicest channels to choose:  Twitter [ greater ever-improving graphics as part of their visual display ++ the great tagging and carrying captures lumped together, to follow the traction that a tweet may send, otherwise unknown if not shared ++ KUDOS ]; Facebook is usually 2nd, third if email nudged ahead of Twitter.  Twitter is catching on to the dynamics of hosting conversations, which Google Plus [ G+ } via "Google HangOuts" was ahead of the curve just as VINE and other such APPS, vlog platforms expand, instantaneous imaging gives guts to the otherwise more inhibited like snapCHAT.

Paul Brandt was my son's nurse when he was at the Children's Hospital in Calgary oh back, let's see now, 24 years ago.  I am, I am thanking you, honestly Paul.  Just remember, I am said boy's mother, you had just recorded "Calm before the Storm" ... excited by the possibility in front of you with its release, after going to a talent contest and singing, winning the recording.

Paul, you were absolutely amazing.  I've never said that I am the most typical mother.  In fact, my kids and their friends would say that I'm one-of-a-kind {what a great compliment that is!}.  There we are, just finished unpacking and looking around this very small hospital room with sliding glass doors into the central open area where the nurses station was situated.  

Like a gust of fresh breeze swooping into a wind, you burst through the door, introducing yourself and informing us that he was going to be his nurse before and after his surgery.  

First up for business?  A bath ... trust me, he WAS clean when I brought him in.  Maybe it was to keep a normal childhood routine in tact while at a healthcare facility?  Maybe it was taught?  Maybe it was pure instinct?

I guess when a child has been admitted into the hospital, they are given the royal treatment.  Less anxiety that way, I'd bet.  So into a wheelchair he goes, with Paul whispering commands in his ear "don't try to scream too loud so we won't get caught by security" .... smart thinking.  

I practically skipped along the corridor, giggling and sniffing to keep myself from shouting out with laughter.  This was going much better than all my fears set aside and barely my best wishes come true.

It was because of Paul.  
He had a real human heart made into a star.  Casting light, optimism, removing fear and angst from others and putting more firmly on his own shoulders to help you bare the weight.  

Now he gets to sing and write more because of those dreams that became a reality.  It was really very cool to have briefly spent time with you on the cusp of stardom.  

You did forgive me for admitting that I didn't listen to country and western music when you asked me whether I would like to hear your song.  Thank you.  I was probably like the American IDOL judges became so many years later, something like 20 years .... trying to appear nonplussed while poised to be with ladylike frame, no matter how you may shriek or embarrass-ment empathy I would surely hear.

Not losing a sliver of optimism, the next day Paul came in with a copy of the cassette tape for my son, a photocopy of a photograph with which he signed.  {Perfecting that signature for autographs requests only a little while later}.

It is exceptional karma to have been blessed to have you in our lives that short period of our lives.  Know that you brightened our stay and gave a brighter glow for the future.

Thank you Paul.







No comments:

Post a Comment