Monday, January 29, 2018

we ARE stronger than we think #METOO #TIMESUP


A reflection....

Indeedly as the English are known to say :  

Ironic?  Yes I’d say.

If you follow my blog and social media blurts and visuals [ art € music videos € photography € learning € knowledge € history € geography € writing € events € stories orchestrated under one name: optioneerJM @optioneerjm +optioneerJM with a few spinoffs that can reflect my mood.

In the above image and a reflection.... I was ready to write about something, inspired to make a statement more often on meanderingsABOUT more closely linked to mostly family and a few friends.

I use iffttt to link among some worthy accounts that I find I would #RT (= reTweet on @Twitter - reshare £ repost £ comment.  One all time favourite @Mashable appears in my Twitter feed and can consistently count on being ❤️ ( symbol for liking something on Twitter and InstaGram ).  

: Sidebar
Both @Twitter 
& @InstaGram
use the numeric 
at “@“ symbol

Among the handful of loyal followers is my chief cheerleader: my Mom, Marie [ she may have lassoed my Godmother, Joanne to read it at least once ], they don’t necessarily participate on Social Media thus some of the sidebars give an explanation in my own words and interpretation.

I definitely had strong opinions on the #MeToo movement that materialized ... I just didn’t write.  I’ve been somewhat distracted by the army of therapists up to three times Monday to Friday guiding my hubby’s recovery from home base.  That and getting caught up on my own medical and dental appointments that strikes more frequently after you pass fifty. [ Not to mention how expensive living in the metropolis of Calgary aka “Cowtown” is.  

: sidebar
Calgary is the Canadian capital city
of oil & gas corporate headquarters.
Also, home to the controversial 
TransCanada Pipelines 
(overseer of Keystone Pipeline)
Price at the pump
$1.34/Litre 

Where unemployment has struck so many families, our arrogant city representatives vote to spend more money on pitching to host a future Olympics and handing out tax payer dollars to nonCalgarians, more often not even Canadians, for structures rammed down our throats ... both examples of that home town, hospitable host reputation completely eroded under the leadership of self-interest and leveraged attention deflected towards the one self.

Ironic isn’t it that it would be a year ago as a wake up call that things were a changing in so many ways that 50 something somehow survive to only be challenged perseverance and strength.

I can definitely say that I have rarely stay quiet over bad manners.  Except I redirect to be when I have something helpful ¥ constructive ¥ knowledgeability ¥ positive ¥ informative things to say.

I must have taken a deep breath and a step back which is often how I cope with negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment