Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tiffany dahling

Tiffany, the legend
As a Canadian, I too, have become enthralled with the legend of Tiffany.  A couple of weeks ago I had myself a goof-off day.  

Goof off day
A goof off day was when I had a day off in the middle of the week.  I put all my responsibilities and "to do" lists away and headed out to go to where my heart took me.  

The mall
This was a different meandering than my typical blog meandering, this was in my little car and an empty wallet (on purpose).  I set out to a mall I hadn't been to for a good three years.  Odd, for someone like me but then again not so when you recognize I hate battling crowds and near crash parking episodes.

One purpose
I did have one item that needed to be taken care of:  my iPad mini had stopped working so I wanted to go to the only Apple Store in Calgary for them to have a look to see what had happened to my dearly beloved iBooks.  

An addiction
Reading is my tool de force and admitted addiction.  My Apple iPad Mini had stalled and I had purchased books on it.  Goodness me, thankfully it was not in the middle of reading one of my secret vices:  thrillers.

Tiffany's
Once I had the mighty techie from Apple fix my iPad all up and off to go, it was time for me to head off to my hearts desire:  discovery.  Right beside The Apple Store was Tiffany's.  Not even when I was in New York did I go into Tiffany's and realized this was what a goof off day was all about:  go where my heart and soul wanted to go.


A tradition
I have always known that any smart man knows that his proposal to his bride to be has to include a gasp, a cry of gratitude  and exclamation over beauty that automatically accompanies the blue box.  One can't help that any hesitation or reservation on saying "I do" is automatically wiped away from the mere sight of the blue box.

Join me for a journey celebrating what any gal any age dreams of owning ..... something from Tiffany.

Crowned with a white ribbon, the Tiffany Blue Box is an international symbol of style and sophistication.


The legend of Tiffany's

THE Tiffany Blue box
The world has been enthralled with the distinctive Tiffany Blue Box since the very beginning. It was Charles Lewis Tiffany who mandated that the coveted boxes could only be acquired with a Tiffany purchase. As reported by the New York Sun in 1906, "Tiffany has one thing in stock that you cannot buy of him for as much money as you may offer, he will only give it to you. And that is one of his boxes."
Glimpsed on a busy street or resting in the palm of a hand, Tiffany Blue Boxes make hearts beat faster, and epitomize Tiffany’s great heritage of elegance, exclusivity and flawless craftsmanship.
(except from www.tiffany.com)

THE KING OF DIAMONDS
Founder Charles Lewis Tiffany had an abiding 
passion for the most beautiful diamonds in the world.

Pioneers of Design
Since its founding, Tiffany has been at the forefront of the world’s greatest design movements. Its Japanesque silver won Tiffany the highest honors at the 1878 Paris World Exposition and at the turn of the twentieth century, Louis Comfort Tiffany emerged as an Art Nouveau leader. From glamorous, geometric Art Deco pieces and bold cocktail-style creations to the nature-inspired works of Jean Schlumberger and Elsa Peretti, Tiffany has broken new ground time and again with exceptional designs that remain relevant today.

TIFFANY DESIGNS JAZZ AGE GLAMOUR
Tiffany’s spectacular jewelry vividly mirrored the sumptuous fashion and exuberant spirit of the Roaring Twenties. In 2013, Tiffany presented an extraordinary collection that celebrates American glamour at the height of the Jazz Age. Much of the inspiration for these stunning designs came straight from the Tiffany Archives, and the pieces brilliantly express all the energy and optimism of New York City in that most marvelous of times.

The Gatsby Collection 
As America’s foremost jeweler during the vibrant 1920s, Tiffany dressed the most stylish names of the era in extraordinary designs. The exuberant spirit and cosmopolitan chic of the Jazz Age inspired a modern collection of breathtaking jewels.

DAZZLING DISCOVERIES
Over the years, Tiffany & Co. has introduced the world to diamonds of breathtaking brilliance and a marvelous selection of previously unknown colored gemstones.




Rare and Radiant
Tiffany’s expertise in exceptional yellow diamonds dates back to 1878 when Charles Lewis Tiffany purchased the 287.42-carat Tiffany Diamond. Cut into a cushion-shape brilliant weighing 128.54 carats, this priceless stone is one of the most important yellow diamonds in the world, drawing thousands of visitors to the New York flagship each year.







A breathtaking symbol of Tiffany’s exquisite diamond heritage and brilliant craftsmanship, the Tiffany Diamond inspired Tiffany’s magnificent yellow diamond designs

World eras
Tiffany's can be associated with most world events or what fashion trends are catching on by storm.  Ever prevalent to add the glamour to any look before us.






Already married?
Start off with the symbolic Tiffany bracelet (shown below) or necklace.  Priced at $570Cdn.  Give her this and she'll be happy she did say I DO!


Heart Tag Key Bracelet

Inspired by the iconic key ring first introduced in 1969, the Return to Tiffany collection is a classic reinvented. This elegant bracelet embodies the collection's timeless and celebrated aesthetic.
–Sterling silver and RUBEDO® metal
–Size medium, 7.25" long

No comments:

Post a Comment