Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Posted on Wordpress

There a lot of qualities and qualifications must haves

in order to get ahead in this world that we seem to prioritize as youngster and forget about as we get older.

We need to focus on wisdom.

Wisdom bears the scars both physical and mental.

When you can extrapolate acknowledged harm healed from your knowledge and survival experiences, you find wisdom.

If you preach and nobody is listening, you aren’t a preacher.

If a qualification is your priority, with your education along with life experience you are setting the foundation or planting the roots for your lifelong dreams that can become realities. You are beginning the journey of gaining wisdom. Don’t TELL OTHERS about it. They won’t listen, especially if they consider the source. In particular, the mother. Formerly: Mom, Momma, Mommy or simply “Hey” from our Millennial hipster.

Yes, who you hung around with in your late tweens until you get married and have kids, was critical to Yuppies in the late 70s to 80s. As in cool factor. Which evolved to being hip now.

If you spoke to my older brother, he’s concluded that I hung around with the best crowd. I guess I finally agree. They weren’t dreamers, they were doers.

They liked being involved. Getting involved with a school newspaper or yearbook, now reflected backwards to represent our time growing up.

I am very thankful for so much I’ve been able to do. Live in Europe and travelling extensively was better than any social studies, history and geography grades could teach better.

Granted, that makes the US a bit more of a challenge, while I’ve traveled a fair bit there on vacation or business training for my job.

I’m glad both my parents set the example that whatever you did, you should do well. Never the minimum, more often exceeding 100%.

I left home when I was 18 and 4.5 months old. I never looked back. I had goals. Goals are dreams with deadlines.

Who said that? Now, Layla could go take a look so we can adapt link and fact check.

No comments:

Post a Comment