Sunday, October 16, 2016

The sensitive kind

Hey, I just realized that it is the October 16th Golden Birthday for anyone born that date and is turning 16 today (and next year 17, and so on and so on, you all can count eh?).

Have a listen with me and chillax while enjoying this eclectic blend of music from SIA to JJ Cale to Selina Gomez, One Direction to the flip side of some golden oldies I added and then some I'm loyal to as a Canadian and Alberta like Nickelback from Hannah, Alberta.  

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/playlist/goodies/idpl.b3dbc0bf3a064214ba3ac4c821b77f9d

It is a random collection of just about whatever genre of music or year.   I couldn't make any decision on FAVORITES.  To me, saying "Favorite" anything is very very discriminating to me.  I'm a big integrity freak as you can tell. 

Reminds me of when my kids were little and one of them was being particularly annoying, whining (no, didn't win "Mother of the Year" then either).  They'd take turns accusing me of "favoring or loving one sibling brother or sister more".   Notice it only works if you are a girl aka daughter?  That's because Kyle never gets into those games.  He is probably content knowing that he is my "favorite son".  Easily said because I only have one.

My oldest, my son, avoids girl chatter with the volume cranked on high ... meaning an explosion of emotion is about to explode.    No wonder, at 27, he is happy to be in the walk out basement at his father's house.  That would be my first husband.  The EX.

Another sign of EMPTY NESTING.  I can't remember the last time I spoke to the EX.  We kept close tabs of the kids as collaborative divorce parents.  That is where you sign an agreement that you are going to put the kids above all discussions, with no arguments, bad mouthing the other parent, and essentially make decisions with what is best for the kids or the child at the highest priority.  I suppose it was a peaceful way to go.  (Except I think my EX still bad-mouths me to my kids.  He should be busted eh?)

If you have no need to check in on something, say or tell the other something, it was 99.9% via email.  When it was a little more critical, we'd tap out a text with our thumbs.  Well, I guess that beats flashing the finger that one or the other is pretty tempted to do at times.  

A unique time.  When for the entire time together, neither one was really into a mature, stable marriage.  But, as long as I agreed to his ideas on division (not likely) of property or assets, it was a peaceful divorce.  I'd been asked how it could be considered an amicable divorce when it took 4 years to finalize.

Looking at the cup being half full (Rob just asked me if I wanted some of the green tea is about to make, from the OOlong Tea he specially drove to pick up in the far NE yesterday for us).


No comments:

Post a Comment