Thursday, January 23, 2020

Sometimes BIG STEPS allow us to go onto BIGGER THINGS

Original art by Jeannette Marshall #CalgaryBlogger (c) optioneerJM


I have butterflies in my belly.

Done. I am nervous.

We just signed away our house at the same time as submitted an offer on a new place - seems like one swift sweep.

There's a lot of things up in the air at the same time.
Its a big step after living where we are for 25 years for me, and 13 years as a couple.


Sure hoping there's nothing other major that happens.  I seem to be squeezing my eyes mentally constantly, waiting for the next bombshell in our lives.


Reading the Bible has been meditative for me.  It sheds light from understanding the reasons Christians have such strong faith.  Similarly, for others, the Q'ran or HINDU or Buddhists I'm sure.  



I have had to really work on faith and putting my trust in the hands of the lord.


On my knees begging for help and apologizing and asking forgiveness.


Taught by my sister that I am not being punished.  My mother keeps telling me to stop being so hard on myself.  My best friend says that I'm stronger than I think.  She's helping us make everything happen on the move.  A real true authentic angel.  I'm lucky I've known her 40 years.  That's a test of time.

I'm going to make a living from social media.  I've said that in the beginning in 2007 - March.  13 years ago.  It took me 10 years to build a following on Twitter, only for them to chop it away.  I have all the details and communications chain to create a separate blog - just another on my blog and other to do list.  

That seems to be mushrooming as my procrastination nature is being put to the test.  I can't put things off any more.  The sad part being that Rob is a much worse procrastinator than me, and we feed off each other.  Ironically, when we first met and were married we had a great deal of energy.  Blending 4 teenagers, 3 of them girls into a family of 6 over night.  That did expel a bit of energy, not going to lie.

(c) Jeannette Marshall

I've assessed, reviewed, asked questions a great deal.  Bored my daughter to bits re-iterating every detail to her and the hubby as well.  Separately, together, so they've heard the same things at least three times.  That's before the other daughters come for a visit and it's shared again.


They'd love to turn off the taps to the churn I'm under.  Recovering from breast cancer has been a bit more of an uphill climb than my delusional self ignored.  Be strong for everyone for so many years and being able to react under pressure has been my norm for most of my adult life.  Finishing college in 1981, starting a career in 1981, getting married at 21 in 1982, having a child in 1989, 2 more in the 1990s while my career took off.

I think the amount of stress you've lived under, your habits like smoking and or drinking all impact whether you'll get ill, especially with cancer.


Cutting back on my stress is most likely what the doctor should order.  

We'll be able to really cut back our living expenses as we currently live in a place where two salaries made things work and now one LTD only meant a lot of tightening up the hatches.  Cut back on to needs instead of wants.


I'm going to still continue writing and posting on social media as I continue to develop my art (per examples) but more importantly am looking to launch my own postcard business with my art images for blogs, profiles, advertising, social media posts since the feedback is that it was worth noticing and inquiring whether I could do animation (from instagram:  
https://www.instagram.com/optioneerjm/
I do not own this nor did I create this image.



You can check it out just search my name Jeannette Marshall and go to my other blog on leadership, sales and social media -- I'm offering so that others can  either pay to use my content or pay me to place your tasteful ad inserted within a post (see content on right to highest views) on the pages (sidebars) or within the content inserted like the images on this post.  Cutting out the middle man.

A social media friend started a GO FUND ME campaign on Facebook - it got $18.  Unfortunately, inaccessible because it was set up on the US.  I don't really like asking for money from friends.  It's bad for business, friendships, families, relationships.  Period.  Then again, it is a very long term friend who is helping is move on to the next phase of our lives:  survival.

Perhaps one door ALWAYS OPENS when one closes.
I'm active on LINKED IN - I'd suggest you follow me there minimum so you see my posts regularly and set up your professional profile and reputation management control... and jump on board.


Jeannette



No comments:

Post a Comment